Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Interview With Author Sarah Hitchcock--Love her!

Sarah Hitchcock was born in Norfolk, in a small town called Kings Lynn. She always was a keen reader, and one day decided to attempt to write her own, and never looked back. Today she has many novels in various stages of editing and re-writing and ideas for many new ones.
After finishing high school and then training to work with children, Sarah started her first job. She currently works as a pre-school teacher.
Sarah has four children, and three dogs, and a partner who has to put up with her rambling on about all her WIP’s.
She recalls spending hours thinking about her characters and their storylines. To this day, she often falls asleep thinking about where she can take new and old characters.


Here are all of her links:
Blog: http://sjhitchcockblog.weebly.com


FB author page : https://www.facebook.com/daydreamer1977


Twitter: https://twitter.com/daydreamer1977


Dream World: Book 1 links http://getbook.at/Dreamworld1


Interview:


Me: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Sarah: It would have to be America.



Me: I loved living in the USA. It is my country and someday I plan on going back there. What do you like to do in your spare time, if you have any?
Sarah: Indeed if I have any, well actually I like to craft. I enjoy stamping and colouring the images in with my alcohol pens. Which I use to create cards.



Me: I've never done that, but it sounds like fun. I wonder if your stamping inspires your writing. What inspired you to become a writer?
Sarah: It was after years of reading, and decided to have a go, and have never looked back since.



Me: Reading inspired me as well. So then, what is your favorite genre to read?
Sarah: It has to be Romance.



Me: I love reading romance...that's why I write it! Who is your favorite author?
Sarah: Even though my favourite genre is Romance, I love Martina Cole books.



Me: I have not read anything by Martina Cole. I don't think I've heard of her. If you could have only one book, which book would it be?
Sarah: It would be Ruth Appleby.



Me: I don't know that one, either. You've given me some work to do here, Sarah. I need to find out about these! What do you dislike the most about writing?
Sarah: Editing, fixing tense, grammar and spelling issues.



Me: I totally agree. What do you like most about writing?
Sarah: Being able to create lives for the characters and storylines. Even though most of the time, they tell me what their story.



Me: Is there any aspect of humanity and the world today that really gets you angry?
Sarah: Yes, there is one, and I hate that there is so much of it in the world. Any form of bullying, I despise, and with the added ways to torment people, no matter what age they are I think it is something we need to stamp out.



Me: Again, I totally agree. I think we need to work on that every single day. It's a tough thing to do.
What quality do you admire most in a person, and least in a person?
Sarah: Most I have to say is honesty, and least, well that one is far harder to answer, so I have to say I don’t know which one I would personally pick.



Me: Honesty is high on my list as well. And on the other end, would have to be dishonesty.
If you could write any type of book (at any length) that would be a best seller, and it only took you one day, what type of book would that be?
Sarah: That is a very good question, as much as I like romance, I would like to be a mixture of that and fantasy.
Me: That's easy, and I think you have a touch of that in your books already!


Quick answers to quick questions:
Favorite food?
Chinese.



Favorite movie?
27 dresses and P.S I Love you.



Favorite fictional character?
Okay, well this has to be without a shadow of a doubt, Harry Potter.



Most memorable moment in your life?
Can I go with 4, it just has to be giving birth.



Most regrettable moment of your life?
Not publishing sooner.



Most embarrassing moment of your life?
Deciding to have a fringe cut into my hair. It really did not suit me at all. I soon grew it out again
.
What person, either alive or dead, would you most like to meet?
I know this is meant to be maybe someone famous, but I think I would like to meet my new made friends from across the pond.
Me: That's an awesome answer, Sarah!



What would you wish to do with that person?
Meet up, and go for lunch and have a get to know each other face to face.
Me: Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!



Do you believe in fate?
Yes.


Blurb from book one:
I spot my mother’s car approaching me. I see her wave, and smile as our eyes lock. Then as if in slow motion, the most horrific scene plays out before my eyes. The van switches lanes once again, right into my mother’s path. The look on her face as she steps on the brakes shows SHE HAS REALISED it’s too late, the car ploughs into the van as such speed she had no time to react. I watch in horror as my mother flies forward. I close my eyes, and crumble to the floor, shielding my eyes, not wanting to see the scene continue to play out. Hearing metal on metal as screams fill the air, it’s only then I realise it is me who is screaming.
My name is Debbie Conway, I am thirteen years old and FROM the day I witnessed my mother’s death I could think of little else. To ease my pain, I spent more time in my dream world, in the arms of Joshua Lawson, the guy from the poster above my bed, and staring in my favourite TV show, Victor.
Meet my best friend, Wendy, former best friend and school bully, Karen, and a boy who will confuse my love for Joshua Lawson, Mark Hobson. A new student from America, WHOSE accent alone sends shivers up and down my spine.



No comments:

Post a Comment