Monday, March 2, 2015

Interview with author Phoenix Rainez-AWESOME!

Let's get to know a little about fellow author Phoenix Rainez.
Her debut novel, Second Chances is available as an ebook and in print on Amazon on these linkswww.amazon.com/dp/1501022539
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1501022539
www.amazon.de/dp/1501022539
www.amazon.es/dp/1501022539
www.amazon.fr/dp/1501022539
www.amazond.it/dp/1510122539
A few other links where you can find Phoenix:
facebook author page - http:///www.facebook.com/phoenixrainez
Twitter - @phoenixrainez
Tumblr - 
http://phoenixrainez.tumblr.com


Phoenix, tell us a little about yourself...where did you grow up...family life...where are you now...where do you see yourself (physically) in the future?


     I was born and raised and educated in Zimbabwe. Married at 22 and had both my daughters by the time I was 26. After 36 years of marriage I have two wonderful daughters and four adorable young grandchildren and yes spending time with them are the most memorable moments in my life. I am fortunate to have a very supportive husband who encourages me in all my endeavours, especially with my writing which is a very recent addition to our already busy life styles.
      Growing up, my father worked out on the mines and only came home a few days at the end of every month, so my poor mother had the difficult task of bringing up her three children on her own. But we made it through and sadly my parents passed far too soon and did not share in the joy of seeing their great grandchildren, or their grandchildren grow up.
      By day I work as a live-in-carer looking after elderly suffering with dementia. A dreadful disease which my mother suffered with for two years before she passed.
     By night I disappear into my imaginary world of my characters and write till long after midnight.
     Poetry has always been my first love and passion and I started writing poems at the age of ten and family and friends encouraged me to write my first novel after reading a draft I wrote many years ago. I finally plucked up the courage and Second Chances went from rough hand written notes to computer screen and entered into a writing contest for Harelquin/Wattpad (SYTYCW) in 2013 where I succeeded in securing a place in the top 25 semi-finalists and now published on Amazon.
      Where do I see myself (physically) in the future - hopefully not suffering the same fate as my mother, although she did bless me with her arthritic genes which now plague my joints.
In the future I hope to be able to live my dream and find myself sitting on a beach where the sun always shines and lose myself in writing all day long.


ME: That sounds wonderful. Maybe I could join you there, on the beach!
What do you like to do in your spare time, if you have any?


      Spare time??? What's that? I write every spare moment I have between being a wife, mother, Gran and care worker. But I do love to watch the sunset and long walks on the beach in those fleeting moments when I make time.


ME: I think it's good to be busy. Somehow, it keeps a person grounded.
What inspired you to become a writer?


      I have been writing poetry since I was ten and loved literature and writing essays when I was at school, so much that I helped my daughters write their essays for school too. (Hope none of their teachers are reading this) I started writing my first story in my early thirties and my mother was the only person to read the first few chapters. She said it was really good and I should finish it, but sadly she passed long before I ever did. It was shelved and replaced by life and family.
      I only took up writing again when my friends Terry and Paul told me about an online writers group Wattpad and it was only after hearing a radio interview from a young writer on Wattpad that I took the plunge and thanks to the Wattpad readers feedback I found the confidence to publish my first novel. The story my mother first read so long ago and now my debut novel on Amazon.


ME: It's wonderful that your mother had the chance to read your work, Phoenix. I wish that mine had the chance to read some of mine.

     Alright, moving on now. I have to say that the books that I have read are what gave me the inspiration to write. There are some amazing authors in this world. Some that are no longer with us, too.
What is your favorite genre to read?
Romance of course. I'm an incurable romantic and devour all romance novels, fantasy, fiction or paranormal. As long as there is love somewhere in the story I will read it.


ME: I'm the same way. Should always be some sort of love element, with a happy ending, typically.
Who is your favorite author?


      I don't have a favourite and will read any author who has written a book that appeals to my romantic side. The latest being Stephanie Draven, Ruthie Knox, Judy Feather Stone, Mandy Thomas and Angela Stevens. All romance but all so very different. None of their novels have the slightest similarity.


ME: If you could have only one book, which book would it be?


      Very tough question. I think it would have to be Lady Chatterley's Lover.


ME: Ooh, that is a good one. It's one that I often forget about since it's been so long since I've read it.
What do you dislike the most about writing?


      Editing !


ME: I actually like to edit...the first draft. It gives me a chance to see what I've written.
What do you like most about writing?


      Getting lost in a world I have created.


ME: Is there any aspect of humanity and the world today that really gets you angry?


      The abuse of children .... Lately I have read poems and can tell by their words, even though they don't come right out and say it, or perhaps deny it, but you can tell they have suffered this fate during their childhood. I have read this in some novels too and you just know in your heart that the writer has been through similar experiences.


ME: That's the great thing with poetry. You get a real sense of what the writer has experienced.
What quality do you admire most in a person, and least in a person?


      I admire a person who is sensitive and aware of others needs, who thinks of others before themselves.
I don't care for people who are selfish and make themselves the priority in all areas.


ME: If you could write any type of book (at any length) that would be a best seller, and it only took one day, what type of book would that be?


      Easiest question of all - A Romance Novel, of course.


Favorite food?
      Spare ribs with chips and salad.


Favorite movie?
      Romeo and Juliet and Titanic.


Favorite fictional character?
      Cinderella.
Most memorable moment in your life?
       Giving birth to my first child.


Most regrettable moment of your life?
      Not being there when my mother passed.


Most embarrassing moment of your life?
      One of those awful times when you haven't waxed in a while and the doctor decides you need to strip for examination.


What person, either alive or dead, would you most like to meet?
      Princess Diana.


What would you wish to do with that person?


      Spend a day talking to her and going with her to her charity functions. She was my Cindrella and I watched each bitter sweet moment of her life and mourned her death.


Do you believe in fate?
      Yes I do.


I want to thank Phoenix for taking the time and putting in the effort to be a part of our spotlight. She sounds like an amazing person, and I am glad that she has joined our group! Good luck in all you do, Phoenix!
Book trailer video clip can be seen on youtube on this linkhttp://youtu.be/ygMGBxlf7OE





No comments:

Post a Comment